Also known as lift up beds, Ottoman Storage Beds are super clever little creations! Not only do they look stylish, they also store away all of your worldly goods. We offer a wide range of fabric and colour choices so that it is easy to find an ottoman bed to match your decor. Our ottoman beds come with gas lift mechanisms with both end lift and side lift options available, this gives easy access to your items.
Let us give you the lowdown on Ottoman Beds to let you judge if this is the right style for you.
Why Do We Recommend Ottoman Storage Beds?
• Because they are AMAZING!
• You can safely hide away all of your clothing/bedding/photo albums/dvds and any other bits and bobs you don’t want on display
• They reduce the need for extra pieces of furniture thus creating even more space in your bedroom
• User friendly storage space, you can see all of your items without having to pull everything out the way to get at them
What should you look for when purchasing an ottoman bed?
There are a few things you should take into consideration when purchasing your ottoman bed, to make sure the bed you buy is the right one for you. Here are a few tips on what to look out for:
- Sprung slatted or Boarded Mattress Base. The base on which the mattress sits varies on ottoman beds, you can get a sprung slatted base or a boarded mattress base. The boarded base tends to be the better base to go for, they are sturdier and more supportive for your mattress. However there are exceptions, for instance on our Helmsley and Coniston ottoman beds, their sprung slatted bases are reinforced with an extra support bar under each row of sprung slats, as well as the central bar, these are therefore very sturdy.
- Internal Storage Base The more basic budget friendly ottoman beds do not have any internal floor, so you must place your items directly on the floor. Others like our Berlin Ottoman have a fabric floor which velcros to the side of the bed to stop any dust getting in. The better ottoman beds have a boarded base which either sits directly on the floor or on a platform so that the boards are raised off the ground.
- Gas Lift Pistons The strength of the gas lift piston varies on each ottoman bed. The strength of the pistons are measured in newtons and the more basic ottoman beds are fitted with lower gauge pistons. The lower gauge pistons will not lift the weight of a heavier mattress so you must make sure that you do not buy a mattress that is too heavy for these beds. Divan ottoman beds are very easy to lift as they have 4 pistons, 2 either side of each base and Kaydian Ottoman Beds are also easy to lift as they have a 900n pistons on a double, 1100n on a king and 1350n on a super kingsize. These ottoman beds can take the weight of the heavier mattresses. and still be lifted easily.
What Designs & Finishes are Available?
- Bedstead or Divan Ottoman Bedstead ottomans come flat pack for self assembly. They vary greatly in quality with all options of mattress bases and internal storage options available. Divan ottomans come pratically built except for adding the feet. From a 4ft size upwards the bed comes in two halves already built with the gas pistons fitted on the inside. A single comes in one block on it's own. They always have a boarded mattress base and an enclosed internal boarded space. Divan ottoman beds are great space savers, they take up the least of space with your mattress sitting from edge to edge.
- Upholstered Fabric, Faux Leather & Wooden. There are endless designs, styles and shapes. You do not have to forgo style for practicality when choosing an Ottoman bed. We have Hotel Style headboards and buttoned headboards.
For people who have small spaces available Divan Style Ottoman Beds are a great choice. A divan style ottoman bed would be the perfect addition to a guest room/spare room. These rooms are generally ‘the box’ room so opting for a frame that does not have the extra bulk of a headboard and foot board will reduce the impact on your floor space. They come with a choice of several different headboards and numerous colour choices and fabric finishes.
What Opening Styles Are Available?
• End Lift or Side Lift. Depending on the design you choose you can select from an end lift or a side lift. If you are putting your bed in the corner of the room a side lift may be the better option or is the bed is going in the centre of the room you could select either the side lift or the end lift.
If you are wanting more flexibility with this decisions we would suggest going for any of the following, the Cavendish, Luna or Amber ottoman beds. All of these styles benefit from a divan style base. The Ottoman Beds listed above can have the opening on either side or either end of the base as the headboard can be attached to either end of the base.
We have a fabulous range of ottoman beds for you to choose from, manufactured from a choice of wood, leather or fabric. They come in all sizes 2ft6 Small Single, 3ft Single, 4ft Small Double, 4ft6 Double, 5ft King Size & 6ft Super Kingsize too.
Price From...£259.99Choice of Colours
Regular Price: £799.99
Special Price £635.00Choice of Colours
Price From...£219.99Choice of Colours
Price From...£199.99Choice of Colours