Also known as lift up beds, Ottoman Storage Beds are super clever little creations! Not only do they look stylish they also store away all of your worldly goods. Let us give you the low down on Ottoman Beds to let you judge if this is the right style for you.
Why Do We Recommend Ottoman Storage Beds?
- Stylish space saving solution- They come in a number of stunning finishes and colours to make the most out of your bedroom.
- Maximise the storage space- Double up as a bed & storage solution, hiding a multitude of items such as bedding, suitcases and out of season clothes and any other bits and bobs you don’t want on display
- Increase the feeling of space- They reduce the need for having extra furniture such as wardrobes or drawers making a room feel more spacious and clutter free, this is perfect for smaller guest rooms.
- Easy access to items- User friendly storage space, you can see all of your items without having to pull everything out the way to get at them. Access to all your things is much easier with the majority of ottoman having an easy gas lift-up solution.
What Designs & Finishes are Available?
- Upholstered Fabric, Faux Leather & Wooden
There are endless designs, styles and shapes. You do not have to forgo style for practicality when choosing an Ottoman bed. We have Hotel Style headboards and buttoned headboards.
For people who have small spaces available Divan Style Ottoman Beds are a great choice. A divan style ottoman bed would be the perfect addition to a guest room/spare room. These rooms are generally ‘the box’ room so opting for a frame that does not have the extra bulk of a headboard and foot board will reduce the impact on your floor space. They come with a choice of several different headboards and numerous colour choices and fabric finishes.
What Opening Styles Are Available?
- End Lift, Side Lift & Half Lift
Depending on the design you choose you can select from an end lift or a side lift or even a half lift. This should make fitting this item to your room specifications so much easier. If you are wanting more flexibility with this decisions we would suggest going for any of the following, the Cavendish, Luna or Amber ottoman beds. All of these styles benefit from a divan style base.
The Ottoman Beds listed above can have the opening on either side or either end of the base as the headboard can be attached to either end of the base.
Things You Should Think About
• How deep is the storage space area?
• What base bottom do I want?
The storage depth of every ottoman can vary considerably. Always check what depth is applicable to the one you are looking at. This measurement should be listed with the product dimensions.
A number of ottoman beds come with a boarded base but others do not. A boarded base is sometimes situated on the floor or it can be a floating floor. Other designs have a layer of fabric that sits on the floor. The more basic budget friendly options do not have a boarded base or fabric layer, your items will be placed directly on to the floor.